The safety of all participants is our main priority. Here is our overview of our procedures and policies based on current regulations and recommendations. We will be monitoring the situation closely and will ensure our plan complies with the regulations at the time of Fiesta.
- Health and safety reminders will be sent out in advance of the event in all participants and attendees.
- All participants will sign in COVID waiver in advance of the event.
- Staff/volunteeers to be trained in advance of all on-site health procedures.
DAY OF PROCEDURES:
- All staff/volunteers will be screened at the start of the shift. Vendors will be instructed to do the same of their staff.
- Staff/volunteers to wear gloves and masks and practice safe social distancing at all times.
- Signage will be designed to direct flow of traffic and outline spacing to aid in social distancing.
- Signage with health and safety reminders will be on prominent display.
- Hand sanitizer and handwashing sinks will be available in common locations.
- All high touch surfaces to be sanitized regularly.
- There will be entry/exit points that serve as crowd control.
- Entry and exit points are key as well as max signage to manage pedestrian traffic – flow and gatherings
- We will provide signage/cues indicating which way to walk inside of the market and place marks to stand in line ensuring physical distancing is adhered to.
- We will ensure that physical distancing of 6 feet per person for non-family memebers is maintained. Family members can participate together ( stand in line together, etc. ), but best practices encouraged families to limit the numbers of members who conduct essential activities, like shopping for groceries, away from the home.
- We will limit the number of patrons in the market at any given time as necessary to reduce outdoor/indoor crowding and long lines that do not meet physical distancing guidance.
- The event will coordinate a hot shot Clean Team to continually wipe high contact surfaces on a frequency schedule.
- Restroom attendants will frequently clean and sanitize restrooms every hour.
- There will be food vendors and a dedicated seating area and signage will remind guests to eat only while seated.
- Seating area tables to be cleaned/sanitized by Clean Team between every group or every 30 minutes ( whichever is sooner ). Signage on tables to indicate when a table id “dirty” or “clean”.
- Only interactive crafts that can be completely sanitized between use will be allowed.
- Ground performers ( ie mariachis, ballet folklorico, flamenco guitarists ) will be spaced 6ft apart from each other ( unless family ) and cordoned off from the public by at least 8ft. The perimeter will be marked with signage to remind guests to keep 6ft distancing from each other.
VENDOR SPECIFIC PROCEDURES:
- All booths to be spaced accrdingly to meet physical distancing guidelines of 6 feet among patrons in line and walking about the market.
- We will encourage expedited purchasing to avoid ligering to help minimize crowds within the market.
- Vendors should avoid touching reusable bags belonging to customers.
- Vendors should plan for lines and provide for appropriate 6ft spacing, with a max capacity at their booth.
- We will not allow any sampling activities.
- All vendors will be instructed to frequently clean all commonly touched surface.
- Each vendor will be required to provide their own hand sanitizer or a hand-washing options.
- All event employees to be trained on best hygiene practices including washing their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Vendors will be required to train their staff on the same topics.
- Separate employees should be accepting payment and handling produce/restock at tables. If this cannot be accomplished, then handwashing or use of sanitizer should happen between each transaction.
- We will encourage activities such as pre-bagging to minimize contact and expedite shopping and transactions.